Prepare time: 20 Minutes
This delicious simple lunch egg mayo recipe is one of our favourites, it’s really simple to make but really tasty. The egg mayonnaise and crispy pancetta is a perfect combination of flavours.
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 small squeeze of tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Generous grind of pepper
- 2 spring onions
- Few rashers of pancetta
- 1 sourdough bread
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- Cut up the eggs and spring onions in small pieces, put all ingredients except the pancetta in a bowl and mix all together with a spoon.
- Grill the pancetta until nice and crispy.
- Cut some nice thick slices of the sourdough bread and sprinkle some olive oil on them. toast the bread in the oven or on a very hot griddle.
- Serve the egg mayonnaise on the nicely toasted sourdough bread and top it off with the crispy pancetta.