Prepare time: 30 min
Feed four hungry guests with these healthy and delicious carrot fritters. Drizzle over the spicy Greek yoghurt and enjoy for brunch or lunch – top with extra feta cheese.
- 50g plain flour
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped, a few leaves set aside
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 3 medium free-range eggs, whisked
- 3 carrots, grated, excess water squeezed out
- 2 onions, sliced
- 150g feta, crumbled
For The Spiced Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- 200g greek yogurt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, ground cumin, ground and fresh coriander, garlic, olive oil, eggs, carrots, onions and 75g of the feta. Season with salt and pepper, then stir well to coat the vegetables in the egg mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with a generous glug of oil over a medium heat. Using your hands, shape 8-10 patties from the carrot mixture. Fry gently, in 2-3 batches, for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and the vegetables are tender. Drain on kitchen paper and cook the remaining fritters, adding more oil as necessary.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil for the spiced yogurt in a separate small pan over a low-medium heat. Add the ground spices and cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Stir the spiced oil into the yogurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the fritters warm with the spiced yogurt and scatter with the remaining fresh coriander and feta.